As of 1 July 2021, the Provincial Health Officer recommended that masks be worn by individuals 12 and over who have not received their second vaccination.
It takes 2 full weeks after your second shot to be fully vaccinated. In the meantime, our Communicable Disease health survey still needs to be completed 24 hours prior to your appointment, therefore we are unable to accept same day appointments. Should the survey not be completed, your appointment will need to be rescheduled.
Self assessment questionnaire
Being able to answer ‘no’ to all of the following questions will be required when booking your massage therapy treatment, where appropriate, 24 hours before the treatment then again right before the treatment takes place. Any ‘yes’ requires you to contact The Clinic to reschedule your appointment and/or call 811 for further follow up.
Are you experiencing any of the following?
New onset of cough
Worsening chronic cough
Shortness of breath
New loss or decrease in sense of taste or smell
Sneezing (not allergy related)
Unexplained fatigue or malaise
Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
Did you provide care for or have close contact with a person who is confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19?
Did you travel outside of British Columbia in the last 14 days?
Protocols that The Clinic has implemented
Prior to your arrival
- Patients will be required to complete a health assessment questionnaire 24 hours prior to their appointment. If you answer yes to any of the symptom questions, please contact us. You may need to call 811 and/or reschedule your appointment.
- All staff/practitioners will be completing the self assessment questionnaire daily.
- All patients will be advised of the informed consent that will be required at the beginning of every treatment.
- All questionnaires will be answered honestly by all parties to ensure the health of all.
- Your therapist will wear a mask at your request
- Our cancellation policy will be waived if a patient answers YES to any question of the questionnaire.
- For all other late cancellations our standard fee will be implemented.
- Patient and clinic staff will maintain 6 feet of distance or as best as possible outside of the treatment room
- Patients will arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time
- In the building entrance/hallways the patient will strive to maintain 6 feet of distance from other people; and please mind the markings on the floors
- We will only use our own equipment/supplies to reduce cross contamination
- Hand sanitizing station has been set up at entry of The Clinic for your convenience
- We will be washing our hands for 20 seconds with hot soapy water, before and after every treatment, after cleaning, after washroom use, after touching common surfaces and any other time it is needed
- We have reviewed the cleaning standards set in place by the PHO, the CMTBC, Worksafe BC, and the Beauty Council of BC
- All visibly soiled surfaces will be cleaned then sanitized.
- All high touch surfaces will be sanitized between each patient, before and after shifts
- Linens will continue to be single use, and laundered in hot soapy water.
- All equipment not limited to table, face rest and product containers will be sanitized after each treatment, and before and after each shift
- Washrooms will be sanitized several times a day
Personal protective equipment
- The PHO recommends that a mask be worn by individuals who have not received their second vaccination. We encourage you to bring your own mask but will have masks for each patient and therapist to use, if requested
- We will respect a patient’s individual personal boundaries and support their requests for PPE to be worn by either individual