WorksafeBC and RMTBC Insurance require that everyone wear a mask when physical distancing can not be maintained and for the duration of the treatment. If you do not have one, we will provide one for you. Thank you for your support in helping to decrease the spread of COVID-19 – Also, note that our COVID health survey needs to be completed 24 hours prior to your appointment, therefore we are unable to accept same day appointments. Should the survey not be completed, your appointment will need to be rescheduled.
Self assessment questionnaire
Being able to answer ‘no’ to all of the following questions will be required when booking your massage therapy treatment, where appropriate, 24 hours before the treatment then again right before the treatment takes place. Any ‘yes’ requires you to contact The Clinic to reschedule your appointment and/or call 811 for further follow up.
Are you experiencing any of the following?
New onset of cough
Worsening chronic cough
Shortness of breath
New loss or decrease in sense of taste or smell
Sneezing (not allergy related)
Unexplained fatigue or malaise
Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
Did you provide care for or have close contact with a person who is confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19?
Did you travel outside of British Columbia in the last 14 days?
Protocols that The Clinic has implemented for COVID-19
Prior to your arrival
- Patients will be required to complete 3 self assessment questionnaires. One at the time of booking, where appropriate, one with The Clinic the day before your treatment and one as you arrive for your appointment. If you answer yes to any of the symptom questions, please contact us. You may need to call 811 and/or reschedule your appointment.
- All staff/practitioners will be completing the self assessment questionnaire daily.
- All patients will be advised of the informed consent that will be required at the beginning of every treatment.
- All questionnaires will be answered honestly by all parties to ensure the health of all.
- Patients will be denied treatment if they have travelled outside of BC in the last 14 days.
- Please bring any personal PPE with you to your treatment. If you do not have a mask we will provide a mask for you to use during your treatment.
- Our cancellation policy will be waived if a patient answers YES to any question of the questionnaire.
- For all other late cancellations our standard fee will be implemented.
- Patient and clinic staff will maintain 6 feet of distance or as best as possible outside of the treatment room
- Common areas of the clinic have been freed of any seating; the water cooler and all magazines and surface items have been removed
- We will have 30 minutes between all treatments to reduce traffic in clinic
- Patients must arrive unaccompanied, unless a guardian needs to be present
- Patients will arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time and will wait in their car or the building common area until we send a text message or come out to retrieve them.
- We will strive to open all doors for patients
- In the building entrance/hallways the patient will strive to maintain 6 feet of distance from other people; and please mind the markings on the floors
- We will only use our own equipment/supplies to reduce cross contamination
- Hand sanitizing station has been set up at entry of The Clinic; the patient is to use it prior to entering and upon leaving
- We will be washing our hands for 20 seconds with hot soapy water, before and after every treatment, after cleaning, after washroom use, after touching common surfaces and any other time it is needed
- We will be opening and closing treatment room doors for patients, to ensure no cross contamination
- We will be accepting tap or e-transfer’s for payments after prior to each treatment; there will be no cash payments at this time
Face touching avoidance
- A ‘No face touching policy’ will be implemented for both therapist and patient. COVID-19 can be spread from germs on hands and enter the body
- Patient and therapist will have access to tissues for touching face.
- Masks may be worn to deter face touching
- We have reviewed the cleaning standards set in place by the PHO, the CMTBC, Worksafe BC, and the Beauty Council of BC
- All visibly soiled surfaces will be cleaned then sanitized.
- All high touch surfaces will be sanitized between each patient, before and after shifts
- Linens will continue to be single use, and laundered in hot soapy water.
- We will allow 30 minutes between treatments to ensure appropriate cleaning protocols
- All equipment not limited to table, face rest and product containers will be sanitized after each treatment, and before and after each shift
- Washrooms will be sanitized several times a day
Personal protective equipment
- We encourage you to bring your own mask but will have masks for each patient and therapist to use, if requested
- We will respect a patient’s individual personal boundaries and support their requests for PPE to be worn by either individual
- Each party putting a mask on will use proper donning and doffing procedure (either wash hands for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer before applying and removing their mask)
- We have emailed our liability insurance agent and have been assured full coverage is still present; we were required to create a new COVID-19 consent form and questionnaire
- All patients will be required to sign a new consent form acknowledging the risks involved with COVID-19 prior to treatment
- If a patient feels unwell after a treatment they will contact The Clinic right away and both will call 8-1-1