Tiny blood vessels that have burst can be the culprit behind the dark circles under your eyes. When you bruise on another part of your body, the capillaries burst and blood cells break down, and result in dark blue or black areas on your skin. What’s behind these burst capillaries?
What causes dark circles?
- Genetics – weaker capillaries may have been passed down and are more prone to bursting.
- Rubbing your eyes
- Sun exposures, which activates melanin production
- Allergies – itchy eyes from an allergic reaction can mean you rub your eyes, bursting hundreds of capillaries
- Smoking, fumes, air pollution, bright lights
- Aging – your skin thins as you age and the blood vessels below the surface become more visible. The layer of fatty tissue everyone has under their eyes also thins, leaving behind a hollow, which accentuates these dark moons.
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light)